The idea is to create a network of simple wireless sensors reporting mostly the temperature, humidity and pressure (or even light).
The first step was to create to a small prototype:
The vision is the following:
- Zigbee Wireless sensor in Router mode
- Zigbee Coordinator connected to a linux machine
- linux machine on which the gateway (ZGate) is runnging in order to process the zigbee packets and storing the final result into a Barrel-DB node
- DX is a project to come: basically a way to assign / post-process / visualize the data
- An optional replication stream into a cloud node for anything not too private.
TODO: add the BOM, code, repo url, schema.